phone spy
   
 
\

Theme Joomla Pro Extensions

Theme Joomla features a catalog of Pro Extension Releases (Templates, Components, Modules and Plugins) with also the latest Joomla News, Resources and Support.

2016 Tour of Homes

IT'S BACK!!!!

ADVANCED TICKETS SUGGESTED!! These tours are very popular and sell out quickly.

 Tickets ($15  ) can be purchased at The Depot in Historic, downtown Abbeville starting  October 4th
.
The Depot is open Tuesday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The tour of homes usally sells out in advance, but you can check to see if tickets may be available at Abbey Players on the day of the tour. (Sorry. No children allowed.)

Trolley ride to each home
Trolley ride to each home

The Tour of Homes has been a unique part of the Giant Omelette weeked since 1989. Thanks to Mrs. Lelia Minvielle, affectionately refered to as "The General" and her love of Historic Downtown Abbeville. The General sought out and trained Abbeville's own Volunteer Tour Guides and began the tour of homes. This event is a wonderful addition to the Giant Omelette weekend!

Tours begin at 9:30 a.m. at Abbey Players on the corner of South State and Lafayette Streets on Saturday, November 5th. There will be tours starting every 1/2 hour. The last tour will begin at 2:00PM

The 10:00AM tour has been designated as the French tour so if you speak French this is the tour for you!!

Tickets ($15  ) can be purchased at The Depot in Historic, downtown Abbeville starting  October 4th
.
The Depot is open Tuesday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The tour of homes usally sells out in advance, but you can check to see if tickets may be available at Abbey Players on the day of the tour. (Sorry. No children allowed.)

 Lots of our Omelette members were affected by the recent flooding. We are working hard to get information on the tour posted. IT IS COMING!! 

Check back for a listing of the homes on tour.


2016 Homes
tourguidessmall

 

Abbeville's Volunteer Tour Guides in the Gazebo in Magdalen Squares

 

 Home 1  MAISON BOURQUE

Bourque House

Home 1 Info:

The City of Abbeville was a bustling growing community in 1913 when Maison Bourque, the Victorian style house at 412 S. State Street, was built.   Mr. Charles L. Bourque purchased the home rom Mr. and Mrs. Alfred Thomas in March of 2013, in time to celebrate the 100th anniversary of its construction.  Mr. Bourque, originally from Cow Island, moved back to Abbeville from New Orleans after retiring from the Federal Government.  The Thomas family purchased the home from Mr. Bob Duhon between 1941 and 1943. The original house structure has gone through several renovations.  It originally had three fire places which were removed to put in space heaters and then recently modernized to central air conditioning and heating.  Currently, the house contains three bedrooms and three bathrooms, a formal living and dining room, a large kitchen and grand foyer, 12’ ceilings and wallpapered walls.  Mr. Bourque added some antique pieces of furniture to the home during his recent renovation.  There are also a couple of antique pieces which were left in the house by the previous owners.  One particular feature hanging in the foyer is the century old painting by Irene Martino, the sister of Mrs. Alfred (Gertrude) Thomas.

 

HOME 2 THE LANIER HOUSE

The low prices that we sell zithromax save a lot of founds on it and offer reduced costs for brand and generic versions of this medicine to attract more customers.

 Lanier House

  

THE LANIER HOUSE

 Home 2 info:

The Lanier House was built in 1920 by Mr. Emmit Henry and his wife Mary.  Today, it is a 3000 square foot bungalow-style home with a stucco exterior and metal lathe & plaster walls/ceilings throughout.  The original structure boasted a front parlor, dining room, kitchen, three bedrooms (each with its own closet) and one bath.  The beautiful arched windows across the front of the house are original as are the long-leaf pine floors.  Mr. and Mrs. Henry’s niece and adopted daughter Margaret married Mr. Roy Kenneth Lanier, Sr.  Margaret inherited the home and in the early 1950’s the Laniers took on an expansive remodel project with the addition of the “man-cave” (which is now the den), the new 200 square foot kitchen, an additional bathroom and, Mr. Lanier’s favorite, his Gun Room.  This remodeling project added approximately 1000 square feet to the already generous floor plan.  Today, the 1950’s Chamber’s Cooktop and Wall Oven are still in use.  Mr. and Mrs. Lanier’s son, Roy Kenneth Lanier, Jr., sold the property in February, 2015 to the current owner, Lenee Hicks.   Lenee has spent the last twenty months working to restore the home to its former glory.

 



Home 3

 Addison House                                                                                              

 

THE ADDISON HOUSE

 The beautiful Addison House on Peace Street had its beginnings in the early developments of Abbeville and the Abbeville Meridional.  Mr. Eugene Isidore Addison began building the home in 1886 next to the Abbeville Meridional office where he worked with Mr. E. I. Guegnon, Jr. as publisher and editor of the Abbeville Meridional.  The cottage style home survived the State Street fire of the early 1900, and has seen five generations of family living in the home.  The current owner, Mr. Frederick Sonnier, has completed the historic restoration of the Addison house.  Beautiful finishings and antique furniture dating back to the original owners as well as pieces from extended family and friends in times past are highlighted throughout the home.  

 

Blacksmith shop 2-11 001 

 

 

SAM GUARINO BLACKSMITH SHOP MUSEUM

1918 was a very special year for twenty-one-year-old Salvatore “Sam” Guarino, an immigrant from Cefalu, Sicily, Italy, who had migrated to Abbeville, Louisiana, with his family in 1905.  After working in sugarcane fields, sugar mills, and other blacksmith shops for several years, Sam decided to open his own shop.  Sam Guarino’s Blacksmith Shop, now located at 304 South State Street, was donated to the City of Abbeville in 2004.  It was one of the few remaining blacksmith shops in operation in a downtown until it closed on December 31, 2003.  The museum features all of the original equipment, including the dirt floor, and displays on the history and importance of blacksmithing.  The beautiful Robert Dafford Mural and newly installed pergola are the most recent additions to the museum.  The museum is the final stop for the trolley during the Visite des Maisons. 

 

 

 
Tours begin at 9:30 a.m. at Abbey Players on the corner of S. State and Lafayette Sts. Tickets ($15) can be purchased at The Depot through
The depot is open Tues. through Fri. from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sat. from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Some tickets may be available at Abbey Players on the day of the tour, but in prior years the tour has been sold out in advance. (Sorry. No children allowed.)

 

        Celebration Highlights

        Saturday, November 5th
 
        Walk for Charity

        Tour of Homes

        Juried Art Show

        Food Vendors

        Live Entertainment

        Kid's World

        Eggs Over Easy Egg Toss Competition

        Antique Implement Show

       Antique Tractor "Egg Cracking" 

        Sunday, November 6th
        Official Mass

        Cajun Challenge Bicycle Ride
 
        Poker Run

        Juried Art Show

        Food Vendors

        Antique Car/Implement Show

        Live Entertainment

        Procession of Chefs

        Petite Omelette Cooking

        Giant "5000 Egg" Omelette CookingFuture Omelette Dates
 
         Nov. 5th & 6th, 2016
         Nov. 4th & 5th, 2017
         Nov. 3rd & 4th, 2018
         Nov  2nd & 3rd, 2019
         Nov  7th  & 8th, 2020
        
 

         2013 Video
 
         Click here for full schedule

         Our video is online! Click here for a virtual visit